1) Tell us something about yourself that your fans may not know.
A: Something most people probably don't know about me is that i prefer to listen to other genres of music more than rap. Cats like Omar Apollo, Cautious Clay, Kyle Dion, Rex Orange County, Chon, John Mayer.
2) When did you start rapping?
A: I've been rapping since I was 6 years old. I started with my brothers who were a few years older than me. We were recording, selling CDs/Mini Discs & doing talent shows in elementary school.
3) Did you ever consider changing your name when Future blew up?
A: I was told by Jack Thriller to change my name but I never considered it. Our sounds are way different and I was already established enough to where the change would have hurt me more than help me. If we had the same name then I might have.
4) How would you say your sound has developed from the time 'The Greatest' dropped until now?
A: I think that I've always enjoyed doing a variety of music but now I am even more into experimentation. I sing more now. I began creating music from scratch with my producer BoyLord and I use my voice in a lot more ways than I used to before. I feel I'm a much better songwriter than I was before. I was always good at rapping but now I feel like I've evolved into a songwriter.
5) How would you describe the hiphop/rap scene in Arizona?
A: I think the Arizona scene is in the best place it's ever been. People are working together, there's a respect for one anothers craft and there are a few that have made it to the national level. It's dope to watch. Could definitely be better but it's in a good place for sure.
6) Do you feel you've "made it" yet in the rap game? If not, what needs to happen for you to feel like you have?
A: In some ways yes & in others no. When I started taking rap super seriously my goals were to live comfortably off music, tour the world, support my family & be a millionaire by 25. I did all of those things so yea I made my dreams come true. On the other hand, there is still a lot of room for growth and more goals I want to accomplish so I'm still working hard for sure.
7) Who are your rap influences? Who did you look up to growing up?
A: Will Smith, Busta Rhymes, Nelly, Ludacris, Eminem, Lil Wayne, Childish Gambino.
8) Are you planning to drop a new album in 2019?
A: Nope. I'm planning on dropping 3 :)
9) Have you ever performed in Toronto? What's your favourite part about the city?
A: Yea, a few times. I haven't experienced a ton in the city but we always have a good time out with the night life and the strip clubs lol.
10) How was it working with Devin Booker?
A: My mans was super tired the first time we worked, so we didn't talk much but it went smoothly and since then we've developed a dope friendship and respect for each-other.
11) How important do you feel the "nerd raps" were to your career and helping it grow into what it is now?
A: Nerd Raps changed my life. S/O to my guy Big Daws for providing me with that platform. I feel like 40% of my fans to this day discovered me from that video.
12) What hobbies do you have outside of rapping?
A: Outside of rapping I have a few other businesses I run and enjoy. Sheeesh World (clothing line) & Guest List (clothing store) i run with my partner Ryan. We have a full recording studio/green room at Sheeesh World Studios. I do the One Take Contest with Akt Aktion and outside of the businesses i love to hoop, travel, spend time with family and I'm definitely a big foodie. I'm always trying to find the best food spots in town.
13) You played basketball growing up and had mentioned the passion you had for it. What made you pursue rapping over playing basketball?
A: Haha I stopped growing in the 8th grade.
Instagram - @OnlyFuturistic
Twitter - @OnlyFuturistic
Soundcloud - @OnlyFuturistic
Spotify - @OnlyFuturistic