ARTIST TO WATCH: Yury
1) Tell us something about yourself that your fans may not know.
A: I used to sell sneakers in high school and college. I was an ebay power seller.
2) Where are you from?
A: born in Belarus, reside in Brooklyn.
3) How did you get into music?
A: I was always obsessed with music. I first heard biggie and daft punk at age 7.
4) Does your family have any musical background or are you the first?
A: My father is a poet and self-taught guitar player.
5) What artists would you say influenced your style, if any?
A: I would say the aesthetic of electronic music and the rawness of trap music influence me the most right now.
6) You recently released your track 'Spend.' How did you come up with this track?
A: Just made an 808 heavy beat and felt like rapping about time and purpose.
7) What was the inspiration behind it?
A: Life and time.
8) What releases or full length projects do you have planned after 'Spend'?
A: Just more bangers and some switch-up sounds too.
9) What motivates you to go into the studio and create a new track?
A: The value of creating art for the sake of art.
10) What plans do you have for 2019?
A: More music, writing and producing for others, some shows, and music videos.
11) Describe a Yury track in 2 words.
A: Alternative trap.
12) What's next for Yury?
A: Just creating more.
Soundcloud - @iamYURY
Twitter - @iamYURY
Instagram - @iamYURY
Facebook - @iamYURY