1) Tell us something about yourself that your fans may not know.
A: When I am not in the studio producing my music, you can find me in the garment district in New York city working with ateliers to produce and bring fashion designs to life.
2) When did you first get into making music?
A: I have been singing my whole life however I started to write and make my own music during quarantine in 2020.
3) Which artists have inspired you the most?
A: Lauryn Hill, Mariah Carey, Aaliyah, Amy Winehouse.
4) For people who haven't heard your music before, how would you describe it to them?
A: I think my music is an interpretation of my roots. I love blending the soul music, r&b, pop, hiphop and Caribbean music I grew up listening to and making it all my own.
5) What's the inspiration behind your latest single 'Carousel?'
A: Carousel started with my friend sharing details about her rocky relationship. It made me reflect not only on amorous relationships but on my overall relationships with other people and how sometimes we fail to distinguish the never ending cycles of unhealthy friendships or remain in one sided relationships.
6) What message are you trying to relay to your listeners in this single?
A: I think sometimes when we are in a situation like “carousel”, we are blind to it. I would hope this song could be a wakeup call to anyone who is in a similar situation and that it could help to know they aren't alone and that there are other people feeling the same way or going through similar situations. I also hope it would help them realize they can move on from them.
Follow Amaya Santos:
Instagram - @iamamayasantos
Facebook - @iamamayasantos
Spotify - Amaya Santos