1) Tell us something about yourself that your fans may not know.
A: I have a finance degree from one of the best schools in the country.
2) What was the inspiration behind your latest single 'No Sleep?'
A: I’m always grinding, it honestly never stops. I work like no one I know between my day job and my music, and on top of that I have a really social life so the only thing that I can really cut into to make time for everything is my sleep. I honestly sleep so little, but I don’t care, put your head down and put that work in until it pays off. Nothing is more rewarding than reaping the fruits of your labor.
3) What type of advantage do you have on other artists by being bilingual?
A: I get to make catchy tunes in either language and get to use both in tracks. It gives it an extra element/dimension that other artists just can’t do. I also think the differences in melodies in latin music translate well into hip-hop here in the US.
4) If you could have one feature for the rest of your career, who would it be?
A: I honestly feel like it would be Drake because our sounds would complement each other well and he’s obviously a legend in this music game.
5) Do you remember the first song you made as an artist and how it opened your eyes about how far you've come?
A: Absolutely, the mixing was so awful on the first song I made. I didn’t have a real vocal recording studio like I do now and I had no idea how to mix vocals and my knowledge of FL studios at the time was pretty poor. Since then when I hear the quality of the stuff I’m putting out my mind gets blown. The flows and melodies were there before, but the song structures, vision, and other essential elements just weren’t. The songs now are well mixed, coherent, and absolute fire.
6) Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years as an artist?
A: In the next 5 years I see myself as a billboard charting artist, one of the biggest artists in hip-hop/r&b. My sound is unique and I have so many wild songs people haven’t heard before, I’m so excited to continue the rollout of my music. I think my music is really catchy and relatable for a lot of people, and my work ethic is unparalleled, I will make sure I get there.
Follow Cartier Dre:
Instagram - @cartierbydre
TikTok - @cartierbydre