FAB THE DUO!
1) What's something about yourself that your fans may not know.
A: It may take a little while for fans to realize that we are in fact a couple, as we don’t advertise it everywhere we go. The two of us live together in Los Angeles with our dog Dolly Pawton.
2) How did the two of you meet and decide to form Fab The Duo?
A: We actually met on Tinder! We started dating before we ever thought about becoming a band. About a year into our relationship, we played a show together and things really took off from there. We’ve been a musical duo (and continue to be boyfriends) ever since!
3) Who are some artists who influenced your musical style?
A: We draw elements from Bishop Briggs, P!NK, Green Day, Muse, Panic! At The Disco, and Queen.
4) Describe your sound to people who may not have heard it yet?
A: Our sound is hard-hitting, arena-level alt rock. The sound is both commercial and edgy, a little dark but always fun. Our signature style includes crunchy electric guitar, electronic drums, and intricate harmonies.
5) What was the inspiration behind your latest single Nice Guy?
A: “Nice Guy” is inspired by the low bar that our society has when it comes to dating men, implying a man simply being “nice” is a rare accomplishment. We’ve so many stories from friends and across the internet about self-proclaimed nice guys turning toxic when they don’t get what they believe they’re owed. The song warns listeners that nice guys aren’t always what they seem and “nice is different from good”.
6) How is it working together and agreeing on something when you have different visions?
A: It’s definitely not always easy! We both have strong opinions but we’ve been able to make it work for the past three years. We both want the same thing at the end of the day, even if we sometimes disagree on how to get there. It’s always important to listen to the other side and not get so caught up in always thinking your side is right.
Listen to 'Nice Guy' by FAB THE DUO!