Gina Naomi Baez
1) What's something about yourself that fans may not know?
A: I am a 2x cancer survivor. Recently having my thyroid removed, I had to go through therapy to get my singing voice back. It was a difficult journey but has made me all the stronger and I also wrote a lot of songs during that time!
2) How has TikTok helped artists grow their platform since its launch?
A: I think TikTok has helped artists reach people in an authentic and personal way. Some magic on the app really brings people together and helps you find your niche of fans. I love TikTok.
3) What's your process like when writing a new song?
A: I honestly don’t have one process. It is always different. I do find myself always starting with lyrics. For me, the lyrics and the story are what inspire the music for me. I usually wrote lyrics in my notes and then jump to my guitar to start a melody and chorus, etc.
4) What's your latest single 'Stick Around' inspired from?
A: My new single Stick Around is a power ballad that explores the feeling of being undeserving of love. It asks the question how/why someone sticks around through the tough times. It makes me emotional when someone loves and cares about another person THAT MUCH. So I wrote a song about it.
5) If you could have one feature for the rest of your career, who would it be?
A: If I could have one feature artist for the rest of my career it would be TAYLOR SWIFT.
6) How hard is it balancing being an actress, singer/songwriter and YouTuber?
A: I wouldn’t say it is hard because doing all of these things is what I want to do but I do put a lot of pressure on myself. I have a lot of goals and ambitions. I have to remind myself to slow down and taking a break once in a while is ok.
Follow Gina Naomi Baez:
Instagram - @ginanaomibaez
TikTok - @ginanaomibaez
Twitter - @gina_naomi_baez
Facebook - @GinaNaomiBaezFans