1) Tell us something about yourself that your fans may not know.
A: I’ve been playing guitar for 13 years now! It’s always been a passion of mine since I was a kid and I’ve always stuck with it!
2) What was the inspiration behind 'Lipstick Stains?'
A: Being a married man to my high-school sweetheart, Lipstick Stains focuses on the positives of a long term relationship, rather than soaking in the baggage from our past. It’s not always an easy task, but this song highlights true love, and WANTING to work on true love will always take work.
3) What do you want fans to take from your latest single as Valentine's Day approaches?
A: I think the main message I wanted to convey was that REAL love takes time, effort, patience and struggle. BUT, it is important to not dwell on those negatives. Enjoy your young love, and never let it die.
4) Who are some artists who influenced your music style?
A: Kid Laroi, Young Thug, Anderson .Paak, Dizzy Wright and Mac Miller are some of my biggest influences on my sound.
5) How do real life situations help you in your writing or ideas for new songs?
A: I think it’s easier to tie my songwriting to my real life situations rather than to write about whatever is common. It’s easier being transparent about real life scenarios, than it is to try and portray something that may only seem “appealing” to everyday consumers. Originality is key.
6) What's next for you as an artist?
A: I think my goals for the year are to increase my engagement on TikTok (since so many other independent artists are finding success on the platform), dropping some bigger industry features, and LOTS of videos.
Follow Kid Ziggy:
Instagram - @kidziggymusic
Facebook - Kid Ziggy
TikTok - @KidZiggyMusic
Spotify - Kid Ziggy
Twitter - @KidZiggyMusic
YouTube - Kid Ziggy