1) Tell us something about yourself that your fans may not know.
A: Before pursuing music I wanted to be a video game designer. I drew out my first game with written cheat codes and more. Dang, I wish I still had those drawings.
2) How did you get into making music? What made you want to start?
A: At first I started rapping to impress my cousin. Then as I kept trying I developed a love for the art so my habit became my habitat. Everything I did involved music.
3) Who are some artists that you look up to?
A: Eminem, Notorious B.I.G, Drake, Travis Scott and Jay-Z.
4) You have a 90s type of style. What made you want to make music with this sound?
A: I dip and dap into the 90s and early 2000s sounds because they’re a lot of songs from those era that still resonates with me today and musically they’re unmatched. So it’s my way of paying homage.
5) Describe your sound in 2-3 words.
A: Animated. Melodic. Transparent.
6) If you could only have 1 feature for the rest of your career, who would it be?
7) What keeps you motivated?
A: Honestly, I look at the word “motivation” as a scam. You don’t need motivation to eat food when you’re hungry. You don’t need motivation to take a shower when you’re dirty or drink water when thirsty. I do music because I need to do it. I need an outlet for my stories and emotions. Whether sad, mad, happy, tired or whatever. They all help me create new music.
8) Do you have a project on the way or are you only focused on singles right now?
A: Right now it will be just singles. I’m still pushing my “Somewhere In My Feelings” album because I don’t feel it reached its peak yet.
9) Do you see a connection between music and sports? If so, how do you think both scenes can help each other?
A: Oh of course. I see sports teams the same day I see music labels. Regardless of what team you’re in you still have to be able to hold your own. The competition is very much alive on both sides and you have to know your business to make sure you’re eating and treated fair.
10) Who's your favourite sports team, if any?
A: I’m not super big on sports but favorite team to keep tabs on is whatever team Lebron is on haha and the Miami Heat.
11) When can your fans expect your next release?
A: All 2020. No exact date but it’s coming.
12) What's in Kwoat's plans for 2020?
A: My biggest goal for this year is to put together my very first concert in my city. I’m calling it “KWIZZY FEST.”
Twitter - @KwoaTalent
Facebook - @KwoaTalent
Instagram - @KwoaTalent
Spotify - @Kwoat