1) Tell us something about yourself that your fans may not know.
A: I’m a huge Doctor Who fan. Sorry not sorry. It’s been a part of my life as long as music has!
2) What made you want to get into the music industry at such a young age?
A: I wanted to share what I was doing with others. I started writing from a very young age so it’s just been a natural progression. More recently, what I’ve built as Lia Rye is really important not just to myself but to the people I represent.
3) What's your process like when putting together a new song?
A: I always create a demo version that I bring to the studio. It makes the recording and production process a lot easier as it’s mostly recreating what I’ve done, but just making it sound better.
4) What's the story behind your latest single Habits?
A: ‘Habits’ tells the story of a person I knew who didn't make the best decisions for themselves and took advantage of those around them. I originally wrote the song from their perspective, making excuses for their behaviour. Upon reflection, I realized that was very naive of me to do. The song progresses into that acknowledgment through the lines “I’ll never be what you want me to be”.
5) Is it hard for you to word your emotions properly into lyrics for some songs?
A: Definitely. That’s why 99% of my songs are fiction or based on other people. My songs may end up being a reflection of what I feel, however it is never intentional. I guess I haven’t tapped into that yet.
6) If you could only have one feature for the rest of your career, what would it be?
A: Skunk Anansie.
Follow Lia Rye:
Instagram - @lia.rye
TikTok - @lia.rye