1) Tell us something about yourself that you may not know.
A: My favorite movies to watch are scary ones! I don’t know why, but I’m obsessed haha.
2) What have you been doing to stay busy during quarantine?
A: Writing and creating music per usual! But also working out, and relaxing when I can.
3) How did you start making music?
A: I was constantly hanging out with friends and we started freestyling a few times, and I was actually really good. So, I started showcasing my talents and they encouraged me to hit the studio.
4) How do you come up with new song ideas?
A: For one, I don’t deny what’s in my heart. I speak how I feel on the page and usually it’s something fire. I can catch ideas from reading new books, watching movies, traveling, smells, memories, tastes, etc.
5) What was the inspiration behind your recent song 'Honey'?
A: I felt chemistry with the beat as soon as it started playing, and I just spoke from my heart. I freestyled on the beat and wanted to make something fun.
6) What artists have inspired you in your music career?
A: Omg so many. Mariah Carey, Lauryn Hill, Justin Bieber, Minnie Ripperton, Rihanna, Chris Brown. These are all iconic artists who are undeniably talented. I mainly love these artists for their live performances.
7) How did you come up with the idea to start doing live performances on Instagram live during quarantine?
A: I just figured it would be a way to interact with my fans more, help them get to know my personality and connect even more during these times.
8) If you could only have 1 collaboration for the rest of your career, who would it be?
A: Rihanna, I feel like we can make a dope Caribbean BOP, two island women. That would be crazy.
Twitter - @Marlounsly
Facebook - @Marlounsly
Instagram - @Marlounsly
Spotify - @Marlounsly