1) Tell us something about yourself that your fans may not know.
A: One thing that a lot of people may not know is that I’ve played piano for 8 years.
2) How has being from Chicago had an impact on your music style?
A: Being from Chicago, I was forced to set the bar high as standard. There’s so much competition and divide going on that you really have to go above and beyond to stand out.
3) Who are some Chicago artists that influenced your music style, if any?
A: Kanye, Vic Mensa, Chief Keef, Pappy all had a huge influence on my music and how I make it.
4) If you could have any collaboration from an artist, who would it be?
A: Right now, I’d love for Durk or Toosii to hop on something with me.
5) What goes into your process when recording a new track at the studio?
A: It depends on what I’m doing that specific day, there’s time that I’m going to the studio and knowing exactly what I want to record, and knock it out and move onto the next vs going there for inspiration.
6) What was the inspiration behind your latest single 'Mercy?'
A: It’s a testimony to having a good time and letting the industry and the city of Chicago know that “hey! I'm still around, and I continue to raise the bar”
7) What's next for Mercocet?
A: Focusing on what makes me happy and having a sense of self discipline.
Instagram - @Mercocxt
Spotify - @Mercocet