1) Tell me something about yourself that your fans may not know.
A: I’m making an Only Fans account! Going to be posting unreleased music videos and other really cool exclusive content on there.
2) How has being from Chicago had an impact on your music, if any?
A: Chicago has had a HUGE impact on my music, I’ve been to every Lollapalooza and my sister used to host Warped Tour bands at our house which actually led to me making music with the Plain White Tees singer Tom Higgenson (also a Chicago Native).
3) Who are some artists that inspired you growing up?
A: Midwest Emo bands and Chicago rappers! Kanye, Lupe Fiasco, Twenty One Pilots, Fall Out Boy and of course much more underground artists.
4) How did you come up with your latest release ‘Lightning?'
A: I feel like there’s no good stadium electronic rock songs and I wanted to create something people could go hard to like they used to make in the early 2000s.
5) What was the inspiration behind the song?
A: I was inspired by early Lincoln Park and 90s grunge music, but I wanted to work with a female vocalist so it felt a little more “festival” inspired.
6) How have you had to adjust your music career due to the COVID-19 pandemic?
A: I had an entire tour planned out for the summer, but of course it was cancelled. I had shows booked across the country! Fortunately, thanks to my amazing team at CAD Music Management in New York, I have been able plan a digital tour with livestream acoustic performances that will begin next month.
7) What plans do you have once the pandemic passes?
A: Once the Pandemic passes, I’d like nothing more than to just go around hanging with my fans and playing music for them.
8) Which artist would you collaborate with if you could only have 1 more feature for the rest of your career?
A: Kanye West, or perhaps more realistically, Dominic Fike.
Follow Oli Outside:
Twitter - @outside_oli
Instagram - oli.outside