1) Where are you from and how did you get into the music industry?
A: I’m from Brooklyn, NY, Canarsie to be exact. I got into the music industry after high school when I started recording my own music and releasing music videos.
2) How would you describe yourself as an artist?
A: I’m always trying to push the boundaries. Always trying to exceed people’s expectations of me. I’m an artist that likes to swim against the tides but also be versatile enough to ride the waves.
3) How do you think you differ from other artists?
A: I spend a lot of time studying the business aspect of music and the doors that can open beyond it. I want to be a cultural icon, with the ability to help a lot of people, I’m not sure what drives other artists, but that’s what drives me.
4) What artists influence the way you go about your music, if any?
A: I would say over time I pulled influences from different artists for different reasons. I was influenced by Kanye’s raw expression of emotions. I was influenced by the way Jay-Z built a brand and showed how huge a rapper can be on the business side.
5) Recently you hit us up when you were in Toronto, what were you doing down here?
A: Working with my brother Eestbound and enjoying the city, Toronto is easily my favorite place next to Brooklyn.
6) How would you describe the music scene right now?
A: Flatlined. There needs to be more creativity.
7) What's your favourite thing about making music?
A: The love. The love I can express, the love I receive.
8) Who would be your dream collaboration?
A: The Weeknd, Kanye West, and Bon Iver.
9) Where has been your favourite place to play so far and why?
A: I think being back at home in Brooklyn and performing has been an amazing experience. As an artist from here, it means a lot when the city shows love. Thats meant a lot to me.
10) What's the most important item in your music collection right now?
A: Abelton. I love workflow of the program.
11) What's in the pipeline for you?
A: Next year, I have a lot of content releasing. Back to back singles and videos. I just want to provide to my fans quality content on a constant basis.