1) Tell us something about yourself that your fans may not know.
A: I have a collection of small animal figures, funny-looking secondhand creatures, in my studio. Whenever I find a weird animal figure in a thrift store, I take it home to join the group.
2) What is your mindset heading into the writing process for a new song?
A: Openness and trying to keep the critic out for a while.
3) What was the inspiration behind your latest single Big Tear?
A: These lyrics came very intuitively - the image of the big eye in the sky and the child trying to flee from it traces back to a childhood memory of seeing a dying bird on the street. I found it hard to accept the fact that in this world beautiful and happy moments, could co-exist with sad and painful realities. How quickly these can interchange - and how defenceless we actually are to these dynamics.
4) Who are some artists who influenced your style?
A: I love classical music, choir music & female artists who have created their own world, such as Kate Bush, Joni Mitchell and Björk.
5) What's next for you as an artist?
A: Hopefully playing many, many live-shows - and I'll be releasing my debut album next year.
Instagram - @pitouou
Facebook - @pitoumusic
Twitter - @pitoumusic