1) Tell us something about yourself that your fans may not know.
A: I have an alternate personality. The up and coming superstar known as Quest LA is a completely different person from me outside of the business. I still like having fun like everyone else in my age range. Outside of music I’m not too talkative or much of a people person, I’m an introvert who enjoys playing video games and writing music.
2) What made you want to start making music and take it seriously?
A: A series of unfortunate events in my love life caused me to start making music professionally. I was always writing music in high school but it wasn’t nearly as good, plus I’d only written one song back then because people I’d let listen to the song said it was terrible and laughed hysterically.
3) Who are some artists who influenced your musical style, if any?
A: Drake, Kendrick Lamar, Reason, and J Cole are some of my biggest artistic influences.
4) What's the inspiration behind your newest single Taking No Breaks?
A: Taking No Breaks was a shift from my normal sound, I wanted to step out of my own comfort zone and reach out to masses I’d never reached out to before.
5) Why is speaking from a place of vulnerability so important for you in your music?
A: It’s important to me because it matters. There are countless people globally who suffer from headaches and heartbreaks. Millions go through everyday trials and tribulations, and to paint those everyday struggles, not just the highs but lows, that’s all someone needs to know they aren’t alone. Especially men, so many times I hear and see us fighting our battles alone, so early on I learned to voice my emotions for the man who can’t.
6) If you could have one feature for the rest of your career, who would it be?
A: Drake. That’s the tweet.
Follow Quest LA:
Instagram - @questmusiq