1) Tell us something about yourself that your fans may not know.
A: Most of the vocals on my records are me.
2) Being from LA, who influenced you to get into producing & DJing or how did you get into it?
A: I always made the demos for the band, so when we called it quits, I started messing around in the electronic world. When RL Grime, Flosstradamus, and Baauer first came onto the scene, that really inspired me to start doing things on my own.
3) What influences helped you find your sound?
A: Being in a rock band has definitely influenced my sound. I draw a lot from that space.
4) How have you had to adapt your career to COVID-19 and not being able to perform?
A: It definitely has been tough as I was about to head out on the road this fall on my first tour. I have been able to lock myself in the studio and make tons of music so I am definitely in my element.
5) Would you say you miss performing or are enjoying the extra time you have to make a lot more music?
A: I definitely miss performing. I love performing but it is what it is. I have been able to do live stream events which are nothing like playing LIVE but it's something!
6) If you could only have 1 collaboration or feature for the rest of your career, who would it be?
A: Hmm...good question. I would say in the electronic space definitely Skrillex, and overall, Rage Against The Machine!
7) What was it like being asked by TCHAMI to sign to his CONFESSION label?
A: It was awesome to finally have a label understand the vision and new sound I was making. I had actually released ‘Daddy’ independently just to kind of test the waters. My manager called me a day or so later and told me we need to take it down because this needs a proper label and campaign. We waited 9 months until Confession took the chance on me and this new sound, and I released my self titled Saint Punk EP.
8) What will that feeling be like when you are able to perform again?
A: I don’t think it’s going to be a light switch, like one day everything is fine again. Artists are already doing the drive-in thing. It’s going to creep back as much as it’s allowed to. When I get that chance to perform again though, I’ll probably break something I’ll be going so hard!
9) What hobbies do you have outside of music? What do you like to do in your spare time?
A: I am a wine and tequila connoisseur plus a major foodie. So yea, I like to eat and drink in my spare time haha.
10) What plans do you have for the rest of 2020?
A: Music. A LOT OF MUSIC. Sometimes 2, even 3 records a month. From originals to remixes to bootlegs to mixes. I have my foot on the gas and only pressing harder into 2021.
Follow Saint Punk:
Instagram - @saintpunkmusic
Twitter - @SaintPunkMusic
Facebook - @SaintPunk
Spotify - @SaintPunk