1) Tell us something about yourself that fans may not know.
A: That I may look and act cool and badass (at least that's what I'm aiming for), but I am a complete softy. I cry when I see old people holding hands or when I see cats or other animals being cute. I could cry about anything really. You'll just never see me do it haha!
2) How difficult was it to translate different events from your life into each of these songs?
A: Not at all actually, it was like telling a story. Everything came so naturally because nothing had to be thought of. Everything was already there, we just needed some time to find the right words and music.
3) Who are some artists that you're influenced by?
A: James Blake, Beyonce, Jazmine Sullivan, Ariana Grande, Victoria Monet
4) How has being from The Netherlands impacted your style, if at all?
A: I don't think it has, to be honest. I've always listened to international artists and I've always aspired to be one of them as well.
5) How has attending Rotterdam Conservatory of Music helped you with your music career?
A: It has helped me build a foundation of people to rely on. People that are like minded who i could make music with. It was my first foot into the music industry. Also, it has helped me to be the best musician that I can be, I think. My theoretical knowledge helps me communicate better with musicians and it also helps me push myself in what I can make.
6) Which song was the most difficult to translate your feelings into on this project?
A: Definitely Lifeline. It's a story about a break-up, but not just any break-up. So i was trying very hard for it not to be another 'cliche' breakup song you know? I really needed my time to find the right words and melody for this one. But in the end it turned out to be one of my favorites :)
Instagram - @sophiamusicofficial
Twitter - @SophiaUrsulaSchutte