1) Tell us something about yourself that your fans may not know.
A: Something about me that my fans don't know is that I am actually contemplating writing a science fiction book. Hopefully, when I have the time, I will start writing it. I have too big of an imagination to keep it locked in my mind
2) How has being the daughter of a cuban actress, singer & pianist influenced you to pursue your career?
A: I think it influenced the drive in me. My mom wasn’t able to pursue music or acting as a career because she had to leave her country with her parents to pursue a better life. So I think her always having that regret really made me push to make sure all of my dreams become a reality in music.
3) Your upcoming single 'Not Okay' is releasing on September 25th. What was the influence behind the song?
A: Well the song was written during a weird time in my last relationship. We were having more arguments than actual conversations due to a lack of communication. I remember my previous partner stormed out one morning after I tried speaking to them calmly about what the actual issue between us was, and I was so frustrated that I decided to write a song about it since talking wasn’t working. I’d say that specific moment or thing was the main influence.
4) What kind of style would you say 'Not Okay' resembles?
A: I think “Not Okay” resembles a fusion of Pop and R&B, which is really the route I am trying to take with my sound.
5) What can fans expect once your EP drops later in the year?
A: This EP will really give fans a better understanding of the personal struggles that shaped me into who I am in this moment. I know an EP is usually about 4 or 5 songs, so I definitely wanted to make sure the most important songs and stories were included on this. More than anything, it’s me being vulnerable, and opening up and letting them into a part of me that I normally don't let people see.
6) Who is one artist you would love to collaborate with if you could only have 1 more for the rest of your career?
A: Oh, this one is tough! I would have to say Miley Cyrus would definitely be someone I would love to collaborate with.
Follow Sylvia Bremer:
Instagram - @sylviabremer
Twitter - @SylviaBremer
Spotify - Sylvia Bremer