The Sometimes Island
1) Tell us something about yourself that your fans may not know.
A: Matt and I are massive sports fans. We love college football, hockey, and English soccer. You'll definitely find us out at sports bars going crazy for whatever playoff game is going on.
2) What's the journey been like seeing you start at 0 and accumulate over 800,000 streams?
A: I don't think we're still used to seeing those stream numbers. Because it happened so quickly, we're constantly texting each other saying "Hey did you see our latest monthly listeners? That's so cool!" almost as if every month is like the first time it happened.
3) What made the two of you want to start making music together?
A: We were both hired guns for another band back in 2018. We realized we just had a similar vision for what we wanted to do with our music careers and we also just got along really well personally. Matt mentioned that he had a solo project called The Sometimes Island, and the rest is history.
4) What's the inspiration behind Acapulco?
A: It's about trying to work through a previous relationship but through the lense of being in a new city/town that you just moved to. In this case, it was Albuquerque - but "Acapulco" (Mexico) just rolled off the tongue a bit better.
5) Describe your sound to people who haven't heard it before.
A: Synthpop that your older sibling born in the 1980s and your younger sibling growing up in the early Emo 2000s will bond over.
6) If you could have one feature for the rest of your career, who would it be?
A: "Matt Healy from The 1975" - Nick / "Dolly Parton" - Matt
Follow The Sometimes Island:
Instagram - @thesometimesisland
Facebook - @thesometimesisland
YouTube - @thesometimesisland